Christian F. Juna, PhD.
Areas of research: Infectious, immunological and chronic diseases / Evaluation of health policies / Healthy environments and lifestyles
- Public Health
- Social Determination of Health
Research projects: “Effects of Korean diet on antioxidant and anti-inflammation indices and polyphenol metabolome among Korean adults” Seoul National University.
- 2022. Ph.D. in Public Health (Summa Cum Laude), Seoul National University. Seoul, South Korea.
- 2015. Master in Public Health, Universidad San Francisco de Quito. Quito, Ecuador.
- 2010. Bachelor in Nursing, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador. Quito, Ecuador.
- Associate investigator at the Center for Research on Health in Latin America.
- Adjunct investigator at the Division of Nutrition and Public Health of the School of Public Health, Seoul National University.
- Graduate Professor of the School of Nursing, PUCE.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Professor, School of Medicine - UDLA.
- Juna, C. F., Cho, Y., Ham, D., & Joung, H. (2021). Association of carbohydrate and fat intake with prevalence of metabolic syndrome can be modified by physical activity and physical environment in ecuadorian adults: the ENSANUT-ECU study. Nutrients, 13(6), 1834. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13061834
- Juna, C. F., Cho, Y. H., Ham, D., & Joung, H. (2020). Associations of relative humidity and lifestyles with metabolic syndrome among the ecuadorian adult population: Ecuador National Health and Nutrition Survey (ENSANUT-ECU) 2012. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(23), 9023. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17239023
- Juna, C. F., Cho, Y. H., & Joung, H. (2020). Low elevation and physical inactivity are associated with a higher prevalence of metabolic syndrome in ecuadorian adults: A national cross-sectional study. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy, 13, 2217. doi: 10.2147/DMSO.S253099
- Ham, D., Kim, S. A., Ahn, S., Shin, J., Park, J. M., Juna, C., & Joung, H. (2020). Changes in Serum Antioxidant Vitamin Levels After Consumption of Korean Diet and American Diet Among Korean Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Current Developments in Nutrition, 4(Supplement_2), 1411-1411. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzaa061_039
- Ahn, S., Shin, J., Ham, D., Choi, E., Juca, C. F. J., Park, J. M., & Joung, H. (2019). Association between Intake of Total Flavonoid and Metabolic Syndrome Prevalence among Korean Adults. 한국식품영양과학회 학술대회발표집, 496-496.
- Walcott, R. L., Murcia, A. M., Berry, G. M., Juna, C. F., Roldós, M. I., & Corso, P. S. (2018). The impact of nursing students on the health-related quality of life and perceived social support of a rural population in Ecuador: effects of a service-based learning course. International Journal for Equity in Health, 17(1), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-018-0734-z